from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The cardinal number equal to 16 + 1.
- n. The 17th in a set or sequence.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The cardinal number occurring after sixteen and before eighteen, represented in Roman numerals as XVII and in Arabic numerals as 17.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. One more than sixteen; ten and seven added.
- n. The number greater by one than sixteen; the sum of ten and seven; seventeen units or objects.
- n. A symbol denoting seventeen units, as 17, or xvii.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- One more than sixteen or less than eighteen, being the sum of seven and ten: a cardinal numeral.
- n. The number greater by one than sixteen; the sum of ten and seven.
- n. A symbol representing this number, as 17, or XVII, or xvii.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the cardinal number that is the sum of sixteen and one
- adj. being one more than sixteen
"Here at Sidelines, we have what we call the seventeen second rule," said Laurie Whittaker, co-owner with Marty Kildea of Sidelines, the popular gay owned and operated Wilton Manors,
Caloocan was supposed to contain seventeen thousand inhabitants.
There was an unusual concentration between 1987 and 2003, five in seventeen years.
Why, the dues he pays would keep me in seventeen pairs of shoes if I was nannygoat enough to want 'em.
UNH would go 3 as great as out upon the subsequent receive as great as with 4th & seventeen from the 13, flog the 7-yard punt in to which WIND.
Even though a director is being pulled in seventeen different directions and is incredibly busy, Leterrier spoke to us for almost twenty minutes and was incredibly open and honest about how the film had been going.
More than one million copies of the books have been sold in seventeen languages.
Experts say the chance of twins being born with such different physical characteristics is about one in seventeen million. (w/pic)
I yelled at ST for practically everything, since I was feeling pulled in seventeen directions at once.
That means no one under seventeen is admitted without parent or guardian.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.