from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or belonging to the Mustelidae, the family of fur-bearing mammals that includes the badger, mink, otter, and weasel.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Like or relating to the family Mustelidae, or the weasels and martens.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Like or pertaining to the family Mustelidæ, or the weasels and martens.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Resembling a marten or weasel; of or pertaining to the Mustelinæ, or, in a broader sense, to the Mustelidæ or weasel family.
- Specifically, tawny, like a weasel in summer; fawn-colored.
- n. A musteline mammal; a member of the Mustelinæ.
- Dogfish-like; of or pertaining to the Mustelinæ.
- n. A musteline fish.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. fissiped fur-bearing carnivorous mammals
The direction of Ms. Clinton's musteline personality is determined by the direction of the current political breeze.
We now come to the third group of the musteline animals, the most aquatic of all the Fissipedia -- the _Lutridae_ or Otters -- of which there are two great divisions, the common Otters (_Lutra_) and the
He went so far as to deploy the legally fraught term defamatory, which is the musteline way of subtly raising the specter of a legal threat.
American sloth W 1883 OW mephitine skunk W soricine shrew 1781 - moschine musk deer c1878 OW OW talpine mole 1860 OW musteline weasel, mink tapirine tapir
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.