American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or belonging to the Mustelidae, the family of fur-bearing mammals that includes the badger, mink, otter, and weasel.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Resembling a marten or weasel; of or pertaining to the Mustelinæ, or, in a broader sense, to the Mustelidæ or weasel family.
- Specifically, tawny, like a weasel in summer; fawn-colored.
- n. A musteline mammal; a member of the Mustelinæ.
- Dogfish-like; of or pertaining to the Mustelinæ.
- n. A musteline fish.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Zoöl.) Like or pertaining to the family
Mustelidæ, or the weasels and martens.
- n. fissiped fur-bearing carnivorous mammals
- From the Latin mūstēlīnus, from mūstēla ("weasel"), from mūs ("mouse”, “rat"). (Wiktionary)
- Latin mūstēlīnus, of a weasel, from mūstēla, weasel, probably from mūs, mouse; see mūs- in Indo-European roots. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“The direction of Ms. Clinton's musteline personality is determined by the direction of the current political breeze.”
“We now come to the third group of the musteline animals, the most aquatic of all the Fissipedia -- the _Lutridae_ or Otters -- of which there are two great divisions, the common Otters (_Lutra_) and the”
“He went so far as to deploy the legally fraught term defamatory, which is the musteline way of subtly raising the specter of a legal threat.”
“American sloth W 1883 OW mephitine skunk W soricine shrew 1781 - moschine musk deer c1878 OW OW talpine mole 1860 OW musteline weasel, mink tapirine tapir”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘musteline’.
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
Words related to wolverine.
Different words for colors; ex: florid, cerise, claret, etc.
the asethetic of an animal... animal adjectives
How would you describe your brother-in-law? Is he a tad bovine? Maybe there is something lacertilian about him? Or his business practices seem a little percesocine to you.
Animal words ending in -ine
Looking for tweets for musteline.