Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A leaf from a sheet of paper regularly folded for a book in twenty-four equal parts. When the size of paper is not named, it is supposed to be a medium 24mo, of which the untrimmed leaf is about 3⅝ by 5⅛ inches.
- n. A book made up of leaves folded in twenty-four equal parts.
- n. Usually written 24 mo.
- n. vincesimo-quarto (as a paper size in printing).
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Having twenty-four leaves to a sheet.
“Here is a table full of old parchment-bound books, ranging from a tiny twenty-fourmo, which will stay neither open nor shut, to thin, limp folios that are instantly correspondent to either command.”
“As in the case of the Chinese book, it looks superficially like ours; we think it is a tiny quarto until we see that its measure is rather that of an oblong twenty-fourmo; that is, its dimensions are just scant of five inches high and six inches wide.”
‘twenty-fourmo’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for twenty-fourmo.