from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to a period of 150 years.
- n. A 150th anniversary or its celebration.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Occurring every 150 years
- adj. Of, or relating to a sesquicentenary
- n. A 150th anniversary.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating or pertaining to a period of a century and a half; one-hundred-and-fiftieth: as, a sesquicentennial celebration.
- n. A one-hundred-and-fiftieth anniversary.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the 150th anniversary (or the celebration of it)
sesqui- (“one-and-a-half”) + centennial (“of 100 years”) (Wiktionary)