from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Happening once every five years.
- adj. Lasting for five years.
- n. A fifth anniversary.
- n. A period of five years.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. that happens every five years
- adj. that lasts for five years
- n. a fifth anniversary
- n. a five year period
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Occurring once in five years, or at the end of every five years; also, lasting five years. A quinquennial event.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Occurring once in five years.
- Recurring in the fifth year, reckoning both years of occurrence; occurring every fourth year. See II., 2.
- Lasting five years.
- n. A period of five years; a quinquenniad; hence, something characterized by such a period or interval, as an anniversary, or a college catalogue.
- n. A festival or celebration occurring once in four years; an anniversary in the fifth year.
Sorry, no etymologies found.