from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The day of one's birth.
- n. The anniversary of one's birth.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The anniversary of the day on which something is created.
- n. The date on which someone is born or something is created, more commonly called birthdate or date of birth.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the day of birth, or its anniversary.
- n. The day in which any person is born; day of origin or commencement.
- n. The day of the month in which a person was born, in whatever succeeding year it may recur; the anniversary of one's birth.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The day on which a person is born, or the anniversary of the day; hence, day or time of origin or commencement.
- Relating or pertaining to the day of a person's birth, or to its anniversary: as, a birthday ode or gift; birthday festivities.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the date on which a person was born
- n. an anniversary of the day on which a person was born (or the celebration of it)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Promoted to Headline (H2) on 6/20/08: Another 'unhappy birthday' for Aung San Suu Kyi yahooBuzzArticleHeadline = 'Another \'unhappy birthday\' for Aung San Suu Kyi '; yahooBuzzArticleSummary =' Article: Remarks on Aung San Suu Kyi\'s birthday and comments on the opposition\'s activities of Burma. '
Just a little birthday gift for _your twelfth birthday_.
$sql = "UPDATE contacts SET name = '$name', email = '$email', age = '$age', birthday = '$birthday', address = '$address', number = '$number', uploadedfile = '$uploadedfile' WHERE id2 = $id2";
$sql = "UPDATE contacts SET name = '$name', email = '$email', age = '$age', birthday = '$birthday', address = '$address', number = '$number' WHERE id2 = $id2";
Your birthday is the same as my BFF since I was 12!
"My birthday," Taliancich said (his birthday is actually on the 26th).
I know my birthday is actually on the 5th, but I was born on a Saturday, and I don't see why the universe shouldn't conspire to make my birthday magically always on a Saturday!
To those of us who enjoy your work, your birthday is a gift.
I think a birthday is a perfect excuse for slothfulness!
I somehow always manage to forget that your birthday is about two weeks before mine.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.