from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A 300th anniversary or its celebration.
- adj. Of or relating to a span of 300 years or to a 300th anniversary.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the 300th anniversary of an event
- adj. of, or relative to such an anniversary, or to a span of 300 years
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Including, or relating to, an interval of three hundred years.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Comprising three hundred years; including or relating to the interval of three hundred years.
- n. A day observed as a festival in commemoration of some event, as the birth of a great man, or a decisive victory, that happened three hundred years before: as, the Shakspere tercentenary.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the 300th anniversary (or the celebration of it)
Latin ter, thrice; see tern2 + centenary.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)