from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See hundredweight.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Relating to a hundred.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A weight of one hundred pounds avoirdupois; -- called in many parts of the United States a Hundredweight.
- n. Relating to a hundred.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or consisting of a hundred; reckoning or proceeding by the hundred.
- n. A weight of 100 pounds avoirdupois, used at Liverpool for corn, and proposed to be generally adopted in the trade and commerce of Great Britain.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a United States unit of weight equivalent to 100 pounds
Last winter, I had an opportunity to go quail hunting on my Dad's farm in cental Illinois where I grew up.
That Chomsi sits atop a 100m peak in cental Luang Prabang.
If an LPA decides that it wants to satisfy an obvious local need by approving an application to build houses, why on earth should 'cental' government stop it.
Besides advancing technology, to inspire next generations of engineers and scientists, send up a hundred palmed sized robotic vehicles in one lunar landing with a cental hub or command post.
MexConnect. com Forums: Areas: Central Highlands: 40 days trip to cental mexico
He also downplayed the supposedly cental role of Islamist activists in the revolt, saying: There was no Muslim Brotherhood presence in organising these protests, it was all spontaneous, voluntary.
We would occasionally get desparate enough to park in the cental garage, but it was very expensive even by NOB standards so a day was it.
Here on the cental coast of California it grows as well as in Provence.
And one problem with making this technology cental to a thriller is that the technology is changing so fast.
Eighteen hundred years ago, a small Roman army assaulted a hilltop in south cental Germany.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.