from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See hundredweight.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Relating to a hundred.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A weight of one hundred pounds avoirdupois; -- called in many parts of the United States a Hundredweight.
- n. Relating to a hundred.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or consisting of a hundred; reckoning or proceeding by the hundred.
- n. A weight of 100 pounds avoirdupois, used at Liverpool for corn, and proposed to be generally adopted in the trade and commerce of Great Britain.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a United States unit of weight equivalent to 100 pounds
From Latin centum, hundred; see dekm̥ in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)