from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or expressing a consensus: a consensual decision.
- adj. Law Existing or entered into by mutual consent without formalization by document or ceremony: a consensual marriage; a consensual contract.
- adj. Involving the willing participation of both or all parties, especially in an illegal transaction or practice: the consensual crimes of prostitution, drug abuse, and illegal gambling.
- adj. Physiology Of or relating to a reflexive response of one body structure following stimulation of another, such as the concurrent constriction of one pupil in response to light shined in the other.
- adj. Physiology Of or relating to involuntary movement of a body part accompanying voluntary movement of another.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. With permission, with consensus, without coercion.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Existing, or made, by the mutual consent of two or more parties.
- adj. Excited or caused by sensation, sympathy, or reflex action, and not by conscious volition.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Formed or existing by mere consent; depending upon consent or acquiescence: as, a consensual marriage.
- In physiology, of the nature of reflex action involving sensation but not volition.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. existing by consent
consensus + -ual (Wiktionary)