American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of or expressing a consensus: a consensual decision.
- adj. Law Existing or entered into by mutual consent without formalization by document or ceremony: a consensual marriage; a consensual contract.
- adj. Involving the willing participation of both or all parties, especially in an illegal transaction or practice: the consensual crimes of prostitution, drug abuse, and illegal gambling.
- adj. Physiology Of or relating to a reflexive response of one body structure following stimulation of another, such as the concurrent constriction of one pupil in response to light shined in the other.
- adj. Physiology Of or relating to involuntary movement of a body part accompanying voluntary movement of another.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Formed or existing by mere consent; depending upon consent or acquiescence: as, a consensual marriage.
- In physiology, of the nature of reflex action involving sensation but not volition.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Law) Existing, or made, by the mutual consent of two or more parties.
- adj. (Physiol.) Excited or caused by sensation, sympathy, or reflex action, and not by conscious volition.
- adj. existing by consent
- consensus + -ual (Wiktionary)
“But investigators say his DNA was found on Kercher's body, and he has admitted having what he describes as consensual sex with the British woman.”
“Kobe Bryant was cleared of sexually assaulting a hotel employee, but he admitted having what he described as consensual sex.”
“Letterman declared that Cain is the first candidate this year to use the word 'consensual.'”
“Strauss-Kahn, disgraced former boss of the International Monetary Fund, had his foreign affair'' at the Sofitel Hotel in New York City, what he characterized as consensual sex with a maid and she called sexual assault.”
“The attorneys dodged questions about whether Strauss-Kahn acted inappropriately - what he described as a consensual sexual encounter with Diallo being, clearly, infidelity to his wife.”
“Pitino, who is married, was never charged, though he admitted having what he called consensual sex that lasted just 15 seconds, because, he said, she told him she was "extremely fertile.”
“He admitted in court using the Viacom ruse 30 times over 10 years to get women into his vehicle for what he called consensual sex.”
“Investigators said the plan was for Green to pose his victim for pictures, which he would use to blackmail her into having what he called consensual sex with him once a week as "a treat.”
“These priests could easily go out and find gay males their age, or each other for that matter, and engage in consensual gay sex.”
“So, what, your actual position is that dominants in consensual S&M relationships are violating the United Nations Convention Against Torture?”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘consensual’.
A combined list of
1. EU Buzz - single words
2. EU Buzz - collocations
3. EU Buzz - the 100 most active
absorption capacity, absorption rate, acceding country, accession candidate, accession countries, accession country, accession criteria, accession cycle, accession negotia..., accession partner..., accession priorities, accession treaty and 2650 more...
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
1. Strictly EU terms with special European meaning used only in the EU
2. Keywords central to the understanding of the EU (people working for the EU are usually able to give thematic...
Looking for tweets for consensual.