from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Egalitarian.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Characterized by social equality and equal rights for all people.
- n. A person who accepts or promotes the view of equalitarianism.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who believes in equalizing the condition of men; a leveler.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Believing in the principle of equality among men.
- n. One who believes in or maintains the principle of equality among men.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who believes in the equality of all people
Coined around 1800 from equality + -arian. (Wiktionary)