from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Scandinavia or to its peoples, languages, or cultures.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Scandinavia.
- n. See North Germanic.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Someone from Scandinavia.
- adj. Of Scandinavia.
- adj. Of the North Germanic family to which Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Icelandic, and Faeroese belong.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Scandinavia, that is, Sweden, Norway, and Denmark.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Scandinavia, or the region which comprehends the kingdoms of Denmark, Norway, and Sweden, with the adjacent islands, including Iceland, now an outlying possession of Denmark: as, Scandinavian literature; Scandinavian language.
- Of or pertaining to the languages of Scandinavia.
- n. A native of the region loosely called Scandinavia.
- n. The language of the Scandinavians: a general term for Icelandic, Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, Faroese, etc., and their dialects, or for their original. Abbreviated Scandinavian
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the northern family of Germanic languages that are spoken in Scandinavia and Iceland
- adj. of or relating to Scandinavia or its peoples or cultures
- n. an inhabitant of Scandinavia
Sorry, no etymologies found.