from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A controversy; a litigation.
- n. A formal notice, recorded so as to affect title to land, that litigation concerning it is pending.
- n. In heraldry, same as fleur-de-lis.
- n. A gold piece of Raymond IV., Prince of Orange (1340–93).
- n. A silver coin of France in 1655; also, a gold coin of the same period with two angels on the reverse, supporting the shield.
- n. In Irish antiq., a round inclosure walled with earth, sometimes used as a fort.
Sorry, no etymologies found.