from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not wholly conscious; partially or imperfectly conscious: subconscious perceptions.
- n. The part of the mind below the level of conscious perception. Often used with the.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. partially conscious.
- adj. below the level of consciousness.
- n. that part of the mind that is not consciously perceived; one's innermost thoughts
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Occurring without the possibility or the fact of an attendant consciousness; -- said of states of the soul.
- adj. Partially conscious; feebly conscious.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Partially or feebly conscious; of or pertaining to sub-consciousness.
- Being or occurring in the mind, but not in consciousness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. just below the level of consciousness
- n. psychic activity just below the level of awareness
Sorry, no etymologies found.