from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Producing a growl.
- n. A sustained instance of growls or guttural noises.
- v. Present participle of growl.
- v. musical device where a 'growling' sound is produced on a brass instrument by literally growling with the vocal cords while playing the note.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of uttering angry or threatening sounds; snarling; grumbling: as, the growling of thunder.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the sound of growling (as made by animals)
- n. a gruff or angry utterance (suggestive of the growling of an animal)
Sorry, no etymologies found.