from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To strike along the side in passing.
- n. A glancing blow on or along the side.
- n. An incidental critical remark; a gibe.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A blow with the side of something, such as the side of car that is changing lanes incautiously.
- n. A catty or sarcastic remark.
- v. To give a blow with the side, as to strike with the side of a car when turning.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. strike from the side
- n. a glancing blow from or on the side of something (especially motor vehicles)
Sorry, no etymologies found.