from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, or pertaining to a cyclone
- adj. rotating in the same direction as the Earth i.e. anticlockwise in the Northern Hemisphere and clockwise in the Southern Hemisphere
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to a cyclone.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to or of the nature of a cyclone: as, a cyclonic area; cyclonic action; “the cyclonic motion in sun-spots,”
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of a violent tropical storm
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of the atmosphere around a low pressure center
cyclone + -ic (Wiktionary)