Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An American hesperiid butterfly, Thymelicus brettus, occurring along the coast from Connecticut to Mexico.
- n. Something that whirls with velocity; a whirligig.
- n. A great fish of the whale kind; a whirl-whale.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. Something that whirls or turns about in a rapid manner; a whirligig.
- whirl + about (Wiktionary)
“And yet the sudden whirlabout to all her thoughts and habits and ways, was very confusing.”
“Don't look at those whirlabout sails, but come let us go and see the house of Peter the Great, which was the chief object of our visit to this place.”
“Grundy, meanwhile, is in a state of complete whirlabout.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘whirlabout’.
harlequin metalmark, policeman, razorbill, common evening Brown, large blue, little bride unde..., little nymph unde..., plain golden Y, common mormon, skullcap skeleton..., Beautiful Golden Y, uncertain owlet and 170 more...
My imaginary lexicon for future megastar and visionary Zamboni Palin.
A general collection of the sort of words that make me happy when I hear or read them in everyday conversation and writing.
Order Lepidoptera. I've always been fascinated by the poetic beauty of common butterfly names.
tawny emperor, whirlabout, many-spotted skip..., common streaky-sk..., confused cloudywing, sickle-winged ski..., frosted flasher, broken silverdrop, blackened bluewing, painted lady, rockslide checker..., queen of spain fr... and 34 more...
Looking for tweets for whirlabout.