from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A fairground carousel.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Something that whirls or turns about in a rapid manner; a whirligig.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An American hesperiid butterfly, Thymelicus brettus, occurring along the coast from Connecticut to Mexico.
- n. Something that whirls with velocity; a whirligig.
- n. A great fish of the whale kind; a whirl-whale.
And yet the sudden whirlabout to all her thoughts and habits and ways, was very confusing.
"Don't look at those whirlabout sails, but come let us go and see the house of Peter the Great, which was the chief object of our visit to this place."
"Grundy, meanwhile, is in a state of complete whirlabout.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.