from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Composed of layers bonded together.
- adj. Arranged in laminae; laminate.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Made by lamination.
- adj. Consisting of many thin layers.
- adj. In geology, said of rocks such as shale that split into thin layers parallel to bedding.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of laminate.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Consisting of, or covered with, laminae, or thin plates, sheets, scales, or layers, one over another; laminate.
- adj. Constructed of thin sheets of material, bonded together to form a composite structure having multiple layers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as laminate.
Sorry, no etymologies found.