from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having good cleavage. Used of minerals.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having good cleavage.
- adj. Having attractive cleavage of the breasts.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Like spar; foliated or lamellar; spathose.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In mineralogy, having an even lamellar or flatly foliated structure.
German Spath, Spat, spar (from Middle High German spāt) + -ic.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Ancient Greek σπάθη (spathe, "any broad blade of metal or wood"). Cognates include spatula. (Wiktionary)