from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having, composed of, or arranged in lamellae.
- adj. Resembling a lamella.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Composed of, or furnished with, thin plates or scales.
- adj. Having at least some component segments being lengthened on one side and flattened into circles, making these segments look like a stack of dinner plates.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Composed of, or furnished with, thin plates or scales. See Illust. of antennæ.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Formed of a lamella, or disposed in lamellæ); lamellar in structure or arrangement.
- Having lamellæ furnished with little laminæ).
Sorry, no etymologies found.