from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Lacking definite layers: unstratified rock.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not stratified
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not stratified; -- applied to massive rocks, as granite, porphyry, etc., and also to deposits of loose material, as the glacial till, which occur in masses without layers or strata.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In botany, not stratified; not arranged in clearly definable layers or strata: applied to the thalli of certain lichens.
- In geology, not stratified.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not deposited in layers
un- + stratified (Wiktionary)