from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Composed of the shells of dead marine creatures
- adj. Resembling, or comprising, the shell of a mollusc
- adj. Abounding with shells.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Abounding with shells; consisting of shells, or of a shell.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Abounding in, provided with, or covered with shells.
- Consisting of a shell or shells; forming or formed by a shell.
- Of the nature of a shell; testaceous; conchylious; chitinous, as the carapace of a crab; calcareous, as the shell of a mollusk; silicious, as the test of a radiolarian.
- n. Same as chaffinch, 1.
shell + -y (Wiktionary)