from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to a molecule that has three or more atoms as constituents.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. (of a molecule or ion) consisting of three or more atoms
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having more than one atom in the molecule; consisting of several atoms.
- adj. Having a valence greater than one.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In chem., noting elements or radicals which have an equivalency greater than two; also, noting compounds having three or more hydroxyl groups, in which hydrogen is easily replaceable by other elements or radieals without otherwise changing the structure of the original compound: thus, glycerol is a polyatomic alcohol.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to a molecule made up of more than two atoms
Sorry, no etymologies found.