from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Biology Having a similar structure or appearance but being of different ancestry.
- adj. Related by an isomorphism.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. having a similar structure to something that is not related genetically
- adj. related by an isomorphism
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Isomorphous.
- adj. Alike in form; exhibiting isomorphism.
- adj. Of or pertaining to sets related by an isomorphism.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as isomorphous.
- In biology, being of the same or like form; morphologically alike; equiformed.
- In biology:
- Different in ancestry, but alike in appearance; heterophyletic; convergent.
- In group-theory, related, as the group Γ to the group G, so that to every substitution g of G corresponds one substitution γ of Γ, and to the product gg ′ of any two substitutions of G corresponds the product γγ′ of the two corresponding substitutions of Γ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having similar appearance but genetically different
iso- + -morphic (Wiktionary)