from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Being an isomer.
- adj. Exhibiting isomerism.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the same chemical composition and molecular weight; having the same number of atoms of each kind in the molecule; -- said of chemical compounds with known chemical composition. This property used to be called metameric to distinguish it from other forms of isomerism.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In chem., pertaining to or characterized by isomerism.
- In zoology, of, pertaining to, or forming an isomere: as, isomeric segments of the limbs.
- In petrography, noting phanerocrystalline rocks composed of a single kind of mineral.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or exhibiting isomerism
Sorry, no etymologies found.