from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. exhibiting metamerism
- adj. (chemistry) exhibiting structural isomerism
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the same molecular formula, but possessing a different bonding structure and different properties. See isomeric.
- adj. Of or pertaining to a metamere or its formation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In chem., pertaining to or characterized by metamerism.
- In zoology, of or pertaining to a metamere or metamerism; being a metamere, or resulting from metamerism; situated in the long axis of the body as one of a longitudinal series of like parts; segmental; somitic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having the body divided into successive metameres or segments, as in earthworms or lobsters
Sorry, no etymologies found.