from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Shapely: a well-turned ankle.
- adj. Concisely or aptly expressed: a well-turned phrase.
- adj. Expertly rounded or turned: a well-turned bedpost.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having a pleasing shape
- adj. Pleasingly expressed
- adj. Expertly turned on a lathe
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Accurately turned or rounded: as, a well-turned column.
- Dexterously turned or fashioned; well-rounded; aptly constructed: as, a well-turned sentence or compliment.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of a pleasing shape
- adj. (of language) aptly and pleasingly expressed
Sorry, no etymologies found.