from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, having, or resembling a tendon.
- adj. Sinewy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or resembling a tendon or sinew
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to a tendon; of the nature of tendon.
- adj. Full of tendons; sinewy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having a tendon; full of tendons; sinewy.
- Of or pertaining to tendons; forming or formed by a tendon; fascial; aponeurotic: as, tendinous tissue; a tendinous structure; the tendinous origin or insertion of a muscle.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. consisting of tendons or resembling a tendon
Medieval Latin tendō, tendin-, tendon (from Medieval Latin tendō, tendōn-; see tendon) + -ous.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)