from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. Toward, to, or in the south.
- n. A southward direction, point, or region.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The direction or area lying to the south of a place.
- adj. Situated or directed towards the south; moving or facing towards the south.
- adv. Towards the south; in a southerly direction.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. Toward the south, or toward a point nearer the south than the east or west point.
- adj. Toward the south.
- n. The southern regions or countries; the south.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Toward the south; toward a point nearer the south than the east or the west. Also southwards.
- Lying or situated toward the south; directed or leading toward the south.
- n. The southern part; the south; the south end or side.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. toward the south
- n. the cardinal compass point that is at 180 degrees
- adj. moving toward the south
south + -ward (Wiktionary)