from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. Toward, to, or in the east.
- n. An eastward direction, point, or region.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The direction or area lying to the east.
- adj. Situated or directed towards the east.
- adv. Towards the east.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. Toward the east; in the direction of east from some point or place.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Toward the east; in the direction of east: as, to travel eastward; the Dead Sea lies eastward of Jerusalem.
- Having a direction toward the east.
- Bearing toward the east; deviating or tending in the direction of the east: as, the eastward trend of the mountains.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. moving toward the east
- n. the cardinal compass point that is at 90 degrees
- adv. toward the east
From Middle English, east + -ward (Wiktionary)