from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. Toward, to, or in the north.
- n. A northern direction, point, or region.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The direction or area lying to the north of a place.
- adj. Situated or directed towards the north; moving or facing towards the north.
- adv. Towards the north; in a northerly direction.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Toward the north; nearer to the north than to the east or west point.
- adv. Toward the north, or toward a point nearer to the north than to the east or west point.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Toward the north, or toward a point nearer to the north than the east and west points. Also northwards.
- Directed or leading toward the north.
- n. The northern part; the north end or side.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the cardinal compass point that is at 0 or 360 degrees
- adj. moving toward the north
- adv. in a northern direction
north + -ward (Wiktionary)