from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not restrained by definite limits, restrictions, or structure.
- adj. Allowing for or adaptable to change.
- adj. Inconclusive or indefinite: "faintly bemused and uneasily open-ended about the whole horrible business” ( Charles Michener).
- adj. Allowing for a spontaneous, unstructured response: an open-ended question.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. unrestricted by definite limits
- adj. adaptable to change
- adj. permitting a spontaneous or unstructured response
- adj. Of a straight draw, made up of four consecutive cards, thus able to be completed by either of two ranks of card.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. allowing for a spontaneous response. Contrasted to multiple-choice.
- adj. without fixed limits or restrictions, as to tpoic or time.
- adj. allowing for future changes or revisions.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. allowing for future changes or revisions
- adj. without fixed limits or restrictions
- adj. allowing for a spontaneous response
Sorry, no etymologies found.