from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Characterized by abundant use of detail or thoroughness of treatment: a detailed report on the state of the economy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Characterized by attention to detail and thoroughness of treatment.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of detail.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Developed or executed with care and in minute detail.
- adj. Containing details; containing subordinate parts as well as more general discussion; -- of a discourse. Opposite of
sketchy, general, vague.
- adj. having fine or intricate added decoration.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Related in particulars; minutely recited: as, a detailed account.
- Exact; minute; particular.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. developed or executed with care and in minute detail
Sorry, no etymologies found.