Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having a tail; caudate; appendaged; urodele; macrurous: as, the tailed batrachians; the tailed wings of a butterfly.
- In botany, provided with a slender or tail-like appendage of any kind: as, tailed anthers.
- Formed like or into a tail; shaped as a tail: as, tailed appendages; a rat-tailed file.
- In heraldry, having a tail, as a beast or bird used as a bearing: used only when the tail is of a different tincture from the rest: as, a lion sable, tailed gules. Also queued. [Rare.]
- Subject, to tail; entailed.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of tail.
- adj. in combination having the specified form of tail
- adj. Having a tail.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Having a tail; having (such) a tail or (so many) tails; -- chiefly used in composition
- adj. having a tail of a specified kind; often used in combination
“The order Ophiomorpha, as has been before observed, present a general resemblance to serpents, and a special resemblance to certain short-tailed ones; though it is rather with the Amphisbenian Sauriansthat they may most advantageously be compared.”
“Armand either got busted by his mommy, or has high-tailed from the spank’n. cei la vie”
“But everyone was bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, which is always a good sign.”
“I will tell you that it dragged in the middle and, for me, really kind of tailed off at the end.”
“The poem, in Italian, is an extended or "tailed" sonnet, with a coda of six lines appended to the standard 14.”
“The piece of gray matter that lies highest in the cerebral interior is the caudate nucleus ( "tailed" L, because of its shape).”
“McGuffey "tailed" on to the rope and with raucous cries hauled away.”
“Peninsula and the Philippines, and our explorers have failed to obtain any specimens of the "tailed" people in whose existence many of the”
“This did not limit itself to a distich or alternate rhyme called "tailed" or "interlaced," but included the”
“We have consistently 'tailed' behind the endless reformism offered by the ruling class.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘tailed’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Looking for tweets for tailed.