from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state or quality of being modern: "Warriors of the . . . tribe, imposing symbols of a nomadic culture . . . are caught between tradition and modernity” ( Sheila Rule).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the quality of being modern or contemporary.
- n. modern times.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Modernness; something modern.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality or state of being modern; modernism in time of spirit.
- n. Something that is modern.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of being current or of the present
Sorry, no etymologies found.