from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who chatters; a chatterbox.
- n. Any of several passerine birds, mostly from South America; especially the cotingas.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A prater; an idle talker.
- n. A bird of the family Ampelidæ -- so called from its monotonous note. The Bohemion chatterer (Ampelis garrulus) inhabits the arctic regions of both continents. In America the cedar bird is a more common species. See Bohemian chatterer, and Cedar bird.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who chatters; a prater; an idle talker.
- n. The popular name of birds of the genus Ampelis in the most restricted sense, or Bombycilla.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an obnoxious and foolish and loquacious talker
- n. passerine bird of New World tropics
chatter + -er (Wiktionary)