from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A state of indecisive agitation.
- intransitive v. To be nervously irresolute in acting or doing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being undecided.
- n. A form of noise which is intentionally applied to randomize errors which occur in the processing of both digital audio and digital video data
- v. To tremble, shake, or shiver with cold.
- v. To be uncertain or unable to make a decision about doing something.
- v. To do something nervously.
- v. To render an approximation of (an image, etc.) by using dot patterns in similar colours to those that are unavailable on the system.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To shake; tremble: same as didder.
- n. A trembling; vibration.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. act nervously; be undecided; be uncertain
- v. make a fuss; be agitated
- n. an excited state of agitation
Alteration of didder, from Middle English didderen, to tremble.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From didder from Middle English didderen, meaning "to tremble". (Wiktionary)