from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The practice of proselytizing.
- n. The state of being a proselyte.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The practice of proselytizing or the state of being a proselyte
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or practice of proselyting; the making of converts to a religion or a religious sect, or to any opinion, system, or party.
- n. Conversion to a religion, system, or party.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or practice of making proselytes or converts to a religion or to any doctrine, creed, system, sect, or party.
- n. Conversion to a system or creed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the state of being a proselyte; spiritual rebirth resulting from the zeal of crusading advocacy of the gospel
- n. the practice of proselytizing
Sorry, no etymologies found.