from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Grating, crackling or popping sounds and sensations experienced under the skin and joints.
- n. crepitation
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The noise produced by a sudden discharge of wind from the bowels.
- n. Same as crepitation, 2.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A crackling noise; crepitation. Specifically
- n. The sound heard or grating sensation felt when the fractured ends of a broken bone are rubbed against each other.
From Latin crepitus. (Wiktionary)