from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An instrument of attack or defense in combat, as a gun, missile, or sword.
- n. Zoology A part or organ, such as a claw or stinger, used by an animal in attack or defense.
- n. A means used to defend against or defeat another: Logic was her weapon.
- transitive v. To supply with weapons or a weapon; arm.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An instrument of attack or defense in combat or hunting, e.g. most guns, missiles, or swords.
- n. An instrument or other means of harming or exerting control over another.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An instrument of offensive of defensive combat; something to fight with; anything used, or designed to be used, in destroying, defeating, or injuring an enemy, as a gun, a sword, etc.
- n. Fig.: The means or instrument with which one contends against another.
- n. A thorn, prickle, or sting with which many plants are furnished.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To arm with weapons.
- n. Any instrument of offense; anything used, or designed to be used, in attacking an enemy, as a sword, a dagger, a club, a rifle, or a cannon.
- n. Any object, particular, or instrumentality that may be of service in a contest or struggle, or in resisting adverse circumstances, whether for offense or defense; anything that may figuratively be classed among arms.
- n. In zoology, any part or organ of the body which is or may be used as a means of attack or defense, as horns, hoofs, claws, spurs, stings, spines, teeth, electric organs, etc.; an arm or armature.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a means of persuading or arguing
- n. any instrument or instrumentality used in fighting or hunting
Their main weapon is not the bombs and dead bodies – it is the FEAR.
Our main weapon is ARDA, which is a joint Federal and Provincial programme.
Alot of times the term weapon is used by people with a military or law enforcement background.
Your weapon is your power Colonel because you cant win a debate with your logic.
A race capable of interstellar travel should be experienced enough to know that possession of a weapon is the sign of an individual, not a herd animal.
ChrisTS says: possession of a weapon is the sign of an individual, not a herd animal
ChrisTS: ChrisTS says: possession of a weapon is the sign of an individual, not a herd animal
Actually this weapon is a joke considering what the founding fathers had compared to their enemies ...
I would suggest that using a knife as a weapon is a crime that deserves custody, not the simple and potentially harmless act of being caught with a knife in a public place.
Another problem I could forsee with trying to use this weapon is the target point.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.