from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A member of a people inhabiting Tajikistan and neighboring areas in Uzbekistan, Afghanistan, and China.
- n. The Iranian language of the Tajik people, closely related to Persian.
- adj. Of or relating to the Tajik people or their language or culture.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person from Tajikistan or of Tajik descent.
- proper n. The Persian dialect spoken in Tajikistan.
- adj. Of, from, or pertaining to Tajikistan, the Tajik people (living in Tajikistan and Afghanistan) or the Tajiki dialect of Persian.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a native or inhabitant of Tajikistan and neighboring areas of Uzbekistan and Afghanistan and China
- n. the Iranian language of the Tajik that is closely related to Farsi; spoken in Iran and Tajikistan
- n. a landlocked mountainous republic in southeast central Asia to the north of Afghanistan; formerly an Asian soviet
- n. an ethnic group (mostly Moslem) living in Tajikistan and neighboring areas of Uzbekistan and Afghanistan and China
Sorry, no etymologies found.