American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Laos or its people, language, or culture.
- adj. Of or relating to the Lao people.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Laos.
- n. A Lao.
- n. A person from Laos or of Lao descent.
- n. The official language of Laos (closely related to Thai).
- adj. Of, from, or pertaining to Laos, the Laotian people or the Laotian language.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. a native or inhabitant of Laos.
- adj. of or pertaining to Laos.
- adj. of or pertaining to the inhabitants of Laos.
- n. a member of a Buddhist people inhabiting the area of the Mekong River in Laos and Thailand and speaking the Lao language; related to the Thais
- adj. of or relating to Laos or its people
“Helicopter was shot down in Laotian jungle in 1971”
“We call the Laotian embassy again, and we're told to send them all back.”
“Thursday morning, Yon calls the Laotian embassy yet again.”
“Eventually, the LULUs were released through an elaborate ceremony on March 28, 1973 where an Asian participant identified as a Laotian handed the LULUs over to the North Vietnamese, who in turn released the LULUs to the US officials.”
“The reason for all the confusion is because my grandparents speak Laotian, which is the language I was raised learning and speaking. ”
“During an earlier scene of cooperative fruit picking with Cambodian and Laotian refugees, we are offered an opportunity to meditate on a pan-Asian Thailand of agrarian-pastoral well-being, and a move away from the tense border security of the 70s when refugees from Cambodia and Laos led Thailand to turn sharply to the right.”
“They are supposed to attack, not be dug into to static defenses. 1st Battalion, 4th Marines began operating as a highly mobile force from the Laotian border to the coastal highlands.”
“Xinhua quoted a Thai official as saying that its personnel would aid the Chinese investigation and that it will cooperate with Chinese and Laotian officials to protect commercial shipping interests in the region.”
“The hosts translate global news into Hmong, Yao and Laotian.”
“But Mr. Bieber got up to welcome his grandmother—" Je t'aime beaucoup ," he told her; to receive his honor, a ceremonial Laotian bracelet that held the protection of 32 spirit guardians; and to help auction off a basketball game with him, Usher, Shaquille O'Neal and the Braun brothers at Mr. O'Neal's house in Miami.”
Looking for tweets for Laotian.