from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Laos or its people, language, or culture.
- adj. Of or relating to the Lao people.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Laos.
- n. A Lao.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person from Laos or of Lao descent.
- proper n. The official language of Laos (closely related to Thai).
- adj. Of, from, or pertaining to Laos, the Laotian people or the Laotian language.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- proper n. a native or inhabitant of Laos.
- adj. of or pertaining to Laos.
- adj. of or pertaining to the inhabitants of Laos.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a member of a Buddhist people inhabiting the area of the Mekong River in Laos and Thailand and speaking the Lao language; related to the Thais
- adj. of or relating to Laos or its people
Sorry, no etymologies found.