American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A liquid or liquid mixture, especially one that is medicinal, poisonous, or magical.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A drink; a draught; especially, a liquid medicine.
- To drug.
- n. A small portion or dose of a liquid which is medicinal, poisonous, or magical.
- v. obsolete To drug.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A draught; a dose; usually, a draught or dose of a liquid medicine.
- v. obsolete To drug.
- n. a medicinal or magical or poisonous beverage
- From Middle English pocion, from Latin pōtiō ("a drinking"), potionis, from pōtāre ("to drink"). (Wiktionary)
- Middle English pocion, from Old French, from Latin pōtiō, pōtiōn-. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“If I win, I would love to have the Travel Pooch III in potion purple.”
“Karason does not believe drinking the potion is what caused his discoloration.”
“Interestingly, the potion is gone, but there is a significant mention of Isolde's facility with potions, making me wonder if an earlier version of the script didn't retain the potion.”
“In any case, the potion is gone, but by establishing firmly King Mark's love for both Tristan and Isolde, the movie gets beyond the typical childishness.”
“The temporary love potion is also my favored McGuffin.”
“The chapter in which Terry tries to ensnare her cousin Freddie with a love potion is hilarious and could stand by itself as a satisfying piece of short fiction!”
“The potion is bubbling, just as it was supposed to with Williams representing the key ingredient.”
“Using provocation is not a long-term potion when it comes to men.”
“1940 A.D. – That potion is snake oil, swallow this pill.”
“I wondered whether his potion might be an incomplete recipe.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘potion’.
A complete Barron's Wordlist for GRE preparation. Your online flashcard replacement.
Would you like to join our party? We just started a new campaign.
For more general lists about role-playing games, see brandelion's RPG and lampbane's Tales of the Dread Gazebo.
Love and all that stuff.
your imagination is the limit
Words that make me feel cozy
This is a collection of words I love, old ones that I love the sound of when I repeat them for years and new ones coined in news articles on up and coming trends and technologies - most of them I k...
words that evoke magic, mystery, mayhem, magnificence or anything else that glimmers in the grass
Looking for tweets for potion.