American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Eurasia.
- adj. Of mixed European and Asian descent.
- n. A person of mixed European and Asian descent.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Eurasia.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to Eurasia; consisting of both Europe and Asia. See Eurasia.
- Having both European and Asian connections; combining European and Asiatic blood. See II.
- n. A half-caste one of whose parents is European, or of pure European descent, and the other Asiatic: originally restricted to one born in Hindustan of a Hindu mother and a European (especially a Portuguese) father, but now applied to all half-breeds of mixed Asiatic and European blood, and their offspring. Also called chee-chee.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the continent of Eurasia.
- n. A member of the Caucasoid and/or Mongoloid racial classifications of humanity; any person native to the Eurasian continent.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A child of a European parent on the one side and an Asiatic on the other.
- n. One born of European parents in Asia.
- adj. Of European and Asiatic descent; of or pertaining to both Europe and Asia.
- n. a person of mixed European and Asian descent
- adj. relating to, or coming from, Europe and Asia
“*** Telecommunications TeliaSonera, the Swedish telecommunications operator, said third-quarter net profit rose 19% to 5.99 billion Swedish kronor ($903 million), boosted by a strong performance by its Nordic and Baltic mobile operations and growth in Eurasian markets.”
“Russia appears as the last defender of an alternative "Eurasian" - civilization marked by traditional beliefs, historical rootedness, high culture, and spiritual values.”
“Both East and West instinctively recognize the truth of this, and show it by their common contempt for the "Eurasian" -- the mongrel offspring of unions between the two races.”
“121The above discussion encourages scholars to take seriously the role of the SSR and of Yunnan in Eurasian interactions during both ancient and modern times.”
“6This chapter explores the significance of Yunnan in Eurasian communications by focusing on the Southwest Silk Road.”
“All kidding aside, we have a very long standing interest and success in investigating and prosecuting Russian organized crime, which since the breakup of the Soviet Union is called Eurasian organized crime.”
“There is no concealing the fact that to the mild Gentoo the Eurasian is a very distasteful object.”
“The Eurasian is a methodical and trustworthy clerk, and often occupies”
“Putin, unveiled a plan this month to form a new alliance of former Soviet countries called the Eurasian Union, some of them cringed at the specter of some kind of U.S.S.R. version 2.0.”
“The escaped European eagle owl (aka Eurasian eagle owl, bubo bubo) has a wingspan of two metres, and is one metre tall, the report in the Independent, several European eagle owl pairs have established themselves in England's countryside over the years, but the species is unlikely to form a self-sustaining population without further escapes or deliberate releases.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Eurasian’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Looking for tweets for Eurasian.