from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person of mixed European and Aboriginal descent. Often uncapitalized.
- n. practical intelligence; street smarts.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In Greek myth, a goddess personifying prudence, daughter of Oceanus and Tethys, and first wife of Zeus.
- n. The ninth of the planetoids in the order of discovery, first observed by Graham at Markree, Ireland, in April, 1848.
- n. A genus of crustaceans.
- n. A genus of mollusks.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person in western Canada who is of Caucasian and American Indian ancestry
From French métis. Akin to Spanish mestizo. (Wiktionary)
From Greek (Wiktionary)