from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To perfume with incense.
- transitive v. To burn incense to.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To perfume with incense.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A census; -- also, a public rate or tax.
- n. Condition; rank.
- transitive v. To perfume with odors from burning gums and spices.
- intransitive v. To burn or scatter incense.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A public rate or tax.
- n. A census; an enumeration.
- n. Condition as to property; rank.
- To perfume with odors from burning gums and spices; burn incense before or about.
- To scatter incense.
- n. Incense.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. perfume especially with a censer
Middle English censen, short for encensen, from encens, incense; see incense2.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)