from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Irish A lake.
- n. Irish A bay or an inlet of the sea.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A lake or long, narrow inlet, especially in Ireland
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A loch or lake; -- so spelt in Ireland.
- of laugh.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A lake: same as loch, especially with reference to lakes in Ireland.
- n. A cavity in a rock.
- n. An obsolete preterit of laugh.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. Irish word for a lake
- n. a long narrow (nearly landlocked) cove in Ireland
Middle English, from Old English luh, ultimately from Old Irish loch.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Irish loch. (Wiktionary)