from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A member of a people related to the Hmong and inhabiting southern China, northern Laos, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- n. The Miao-Yao language of the Yao.
- A city of southern Honshu, Japan, a suburb of Osaka. Population: 273,000.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A Bantu language spoken in Malawi, Mozambique and Tanzania in Africa, also known as waYao.
- proper n. Same as Mien people of China
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Yao is 11-for-11 from the free throw line over the first two games of the series.
` ` Yao is unstoppable, '' said Rockets forward Ron Artest, who scored 17 points playing most of the game in foul trouble.
We also learn details about the start of the war between the Middle Kingdom and the Mexic Dominion, as told by Yao and Blue-green Feather, a Mexic warrior he encounters, whose words are translated by Thien, a scientist who Yao is attempting to save.
He said he called Yao shortly after hearing that the injury would cause a premature end to Yao's season.
How does their life change after Yao is arrested and jailed?
Among the captives was Princess Li Yao from the Tang imperial household.
` ` Yao is not able to guard Harrington yet we could guard him at the other end by some techniques that were successful tonight, '' Nelson said.
Yao is recovering from a fractured bone in his leg, however, and will not play in the NBA All-Star Game on Feb. 18 in Las Vegas.
The Rockets started Dikembe Mutombo in Yao's place the second game, but also used Carl Landry and Luis Scola.
Yao is an 85 percent free-throw shooter, but the team is shooting only 73 percent.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.