from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A member of a people related to the Hmong and inhabiting southern China, northern Laos, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- n. The Miao-Yao language of the Yao.
- A city of southern Honshu, Japan, a suburb of Osaka. Population: 273,000.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A Bantu language spoken in Malawi, Mozambique and Tanzania in Africa, also known as waYao.
- proper n. Same as Mien people of China
Sorry, no etymologies found.