from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A borough.
- n. A fortified place. Compare brough.
- n. An ancient circular building or round tower such as exist in Scotland and the adjacent islands.
- n. An encampment of a circular form; a ring fort. Also called Pecht's [Pict's] house or Pecht's castle.
- n. In the game of curling, one of the two circles drawn around the tee.
- n. A hazy circle around the sun or moon, considered as a presage of a change of weather.
- n. An obsolete spelling of brow.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
"How would you rule if someone brough a case trying to overturn Roe v. Wade?" and "is socialism constitutional?"
Are they all hypocrits for spending more than they brough in and then criticizing someone else for doing the same?
The party of 'Christian Values' has embraced hypocrisy and brough shame to America.
A Libyan man who was injured during clashes with pro-Moammar Gadhafi forces is brough into a hospital in the eastern town of Ras Lanouf, Libya, Tuesday, March 8, 2011.
Because it should be obvious to anyone with a brain (that excludes you Yglesiais) that when people feel the benefits of policies from Washington DC, they tend to reward the people who brough those policies to them, witness Massachusetts.
"We had always been told how important Gharyan was, we heard Gadhafi had brough in reinforcements, but when we attacked, it all dissolved," said Adel Seger, a rebel commander in the city.
This section has brough this point very sharply to mind.
Trolls are parrots for Fox — the blonde bimbos who inhabit Faux News say, on one hand that Obama has “done nothing;” he “wasted his first year” — then on the other hand, they say he is “dismantling America,” “destroying our economy” and has brough us “socialism.”
In the person of George Washington, the man and his hour were met, and our country can continue to be thankful for that happy alignment of the planets that brough the man andhis times together.
I like to bring to attention a new word that was brough up by 'jjas' in the blog 'how big can they get'.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.