from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The offspring of a mulatto woman and a negro.
- n. A mulatto.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The offspring of a mulatto woman and a negro; also, a mulatto.
- n. A person of mixed negro and American Indian blood.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In medieval architecture, from the eleventh to the fifteenth century, an ornament on the bases of pillars, connecting the torus with each angle of the plinth.
- n. In wine-making, a deposit which forms within eight or ten days after new wines are bottled.
- n. See griff.
- n. The part of a Jacquard loom which raises the warp-threads. Also called knife-box.